The Adam Project is a 2022 American science fiction action comedy film directed by Shawn Levy from a screenplay written by Jonathan Tropper, T.S. Nowlin, Jennifer Flackett, and Mark Levin. It stars Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Garner, Walker Scobell, Catherine Keener, and Zoe Saldaña. The plot follows a pilot who goes back in time and encounters his younger self.
Production on the film first began in 2012 with Tom Cruise attached to star. The film then fell into development hell until Netflix acquired the distribution rights. Filming commenced in November 2020 and wrapped in March 2021. The film was released on Netflix on March 10, 2022, and received generally positive reviews from critics.
In a dystopian 2050, fighter pilot Adam Reed steals his time jet and escapes through time on a rescue mission to 2018. However, he accidentally crash-lands in 2022 instead where Adam meets his 12-year-old self who is struggling with the recent death of their father Louis in a car accident. Adam reluctantly enlists his younger self’s help to repair his jet and reveals that he is looking for his wife, Laura, who was supposedly killed in a crash while on a mission to 2018.
Adam is being chased by Maya Sorian, the leader of the dystopian world and her lieutenant Christos who attempt to apprehend Adam and take him back to 2050. The Adams are rescued by Laura who reveals that she had escaped an assassination attempt on her and was left stranded in the past. Laura had learned that Sorian had traveled back in time and altered the past in order to give herself control of time travel and the future. Laura urges Adam to travel back to 2018 and destroy time travel, which was created by his father Louis, in order to set things right and save the future. Sorian attacks and Laura sacrifices herself so that the two Adams can escape. Chased by Sorian and with only enough power left for one time jump, Adam and his younger self jump back to 2018.
In 2018, the two Adams attempt to enlist Louis’ help, but he refuses out of concern for the scientific impact on the timestream. The younger Adam confronts his future self about his bitterness and anger and realizes that the source of it is his lingering pain over their father’s death. As the two launch an attack to destroy Louis’ particle accelerator, Louis changes his mind and joins the mission, having them instead retrieve the hard drive containing the only copy of his algorithm that enables time travel. A battle erupts between the Adams, Louis, Sorian, her younger self, Sorian’s soldiers and Christos, resulting in the particle accelerator overloading. Sorian attempts to shoot Louis with an armor-piercing bullet, but the magnetic field of the accelerator instead diverts the round, causing it to kill the younger Sorian, erasing the future Sorian from existence as the Reeds flee.
With time travel destroyed and the future set right, Louis chooses not to learn of his own fate and enjoys a game of catch with both versions of his son before the Adams are returned to their own times. In 2022, Adam lets go of his bitterness and anger and reconciles with his mother whom he has been distant with ever since Louis’ death. Years later, an adult and much happier Adam meets Laura for the first time in a situation mirroring their first meeting in the original timeline.
- Ryan Reynolds as Adam Reed, a time pilot who risks his life to try and uncover the truth behind his wife’s disappearance
- Walker Scobell as young Adam Reed, a bullied 12-year-old who suffers from asthma
- Mark Ruffalo as Louis Reed, Adam’s father and a brilliant quantum physicist who wrote the algorithm necessary for controlled time travel
- Jennifer Garner as Ellie Reed, Adam’s mother
- Catherine Keener as Maya Sorian, a businesswoman who funded Louis’ research and later took advantage of his death to monopolize it for her own benefit and create a future where she is the most powerful woman in the world. Keener also portrays her younger self through de-aging
- Zoe Saldaña as Laura, Adam’s wife and a fellow time pilot left stranded in 2018 after a failed attempt on her life
- Alex Mallari Jr. as Christos, Adam and Laura’s former colleague, now a ruthless security enforcer employed by Sorian
Sources Wikepedia / Youtube
SOME OTHER ARTICLES
SOCIAL MEDIA / SOCIAL NETWORKS
L’Egypte Histoire, Culture et richesse culinaire
Voyage En Egypte / Travel to Egypt /