Over the years Rod Best has been involved in training and
developing of singers and musicians as well as writing music
arrangements for small stage band through to large
orchestras, direction of major musical productions and song
He studied at the Sydney Conservatorium of
Music in Jazz Improvisation and Advanced Arranging,
developing a wealth of experience in composition and
arrangement in jazz and contemporary keyboarding styles.
He has also studied under some great Australian jazz piano
players including Tony Ansell, Mike Nock, Michael
Bartolomei, Chuck Yates, Judy Bailey, Dave Fennell, Vince
Genova and Kevin Hunt.
He studied at Jazz Worx in Brisbane and received an Associate Diploma in Jazz.
Rod is married to Jan and lives in Queensland, Australia.
Rod has released five instrumental albums called “Best Of Smooth”,
“The Best of Rod Best”, “Groove On”, “A Peaceful Place” and “The Next Level” as well…
Damian Muller’s ORIGINAL & refreshing songs will make you laugh, sometimes cry, and always smile. “YOU’VE STILL GOT IT” is his second CD of his own songs that will touch your heart with his real-life, uplifting, humorous, and poignant stories. The CD features an ALL-STAR CAST of incredible musicians: Jim Van Cleve, Aaron Ramsey, Seth Taylor, Russ Carson, and tight blend of smooth family harmonies.
Damian is a long-time Richmond, VA songwriter and performer.
In addition to being an award-winning bluegrass bassist, Damian is currently the principal bassist for The Richmond Philharmonic Orchestra.
About “YOU’VE STILL GOT IT”
Produced by Jim Van Cleve & Damian Muller
Recorded by David Hall at Studio Studio, Franklin, TN
1. THERE’S NO FUTURE LIVING IN THE PAST – Hard Driving Bluegrass – about meeting someone from your past. It may take you back to that time in your life, but you can’t spend your life looking back.
2. HALF AND INCH OF SNOW – Hilarious yet true story whenever it snows anywhere in the south. Upbeat acoustic swing style.
3. THE BEAUTY OF AMERICA – A poignant patriotic ballad for our time – Inspired by the many good things in this country that make us proud to be Americans.
4. YOU’VE STILL GOT IT – a Bouncy Bluegrass Song – Everyone who’s been in a relationship a long time wants to hear that they’ve still got it.
5. GALAX STATE OF MIND – Upbeat Bluegrass – There’s nothing quite like spending a week at the fiddlers convention in Galax, Virginia playing music night and day.
6. CLAP YOUR HANDS – Bluegrass Gospel – Everyone and every church has many reasons to celebrate!
7. ON MY WAY – a touching true story about someone who lived his faith every day of his life.
8. THINGS ARE LOOKING UP – Hard Driving & Lighthearted Bluegrass – This is for anyone who found their true love the second time around.
9. NEVER TOO OLD – Acoustic ballad any baby boomer or senior can relate to. It’s never too old to find love & happiness.
10. SHENANDOAH HOME – Upbeat Bluegrass – Going to Shenandoah National Park always feels like going home. However, for folks whose families lived there before it was a park, going home takes on a different meaning.
11. BE NOT AFRAID – a wonderful Bluegrass Gospel Quartet inspired by the scriptures.
12. LOVE LIVES FOREVER – a touching Bluegrass Ballad about remembering our grandparents’ love – and wanting to pass that love on to our own grandchildren.
13. LONG WAY TO GO – an exciting, upbeat Gospel Bluegrass Quartet with terrific harmonies & a great message.